Multiple DSLogic units, port stacking?

General Topics about DSLogic project
Hello all,

I was looking for info to buy a logic analyzer and found your product. It looks a very good product for the price.

By now, 16 channels are enough for me, but for the near future I'd like to expand to 32 or even 48 channels. I mean, use 2 or more units and stack ports so we can have 32 or more channels perfectly synchronized.

There is another logic analyzer on the market that support this, and I think it's a very cool feature, that could make a perfect logic analyzer for amateur or even professional electronic engineers.

Will the software/hardware support port stacking? If I'm not wrong, this could be accomplished in software.

If finally I decide to buy a DSLogic, how much is it to ship it to Spain? I couldn't find any info about shipping, or is the shipping included in the price?

Thanks, congratulations for a great product and sorry for my English.
netsplits

Current DSLogic software support more than one DSLogic units plugged in one computer. You can active one of them at any one time. Working at the same time is not supported yet. But it really sounds a cool feature, and possible in technical view. Maybe we can add this feature into our future plan.
About the shipping fees, they are already included in the price.

Thanks.
Andy
Site Admin

Thanks for yout reply, please add this feature to the wish list!
netsplits

I am also very interested the port stacking feature.

Seems like there would need to be a few changes:
1. Update the software to support multiple DSLogic devices simultaneously.
2. Support trigger in (not sure if it is supported, another forum post made it sound like it wasn't supported yet)
3. (Advanced feature) Support trigger testing across multiple DSLogic Pro's. This means having each DSLogic Pro's trigger-out signal only be asserted when the pattern is matched and deasserted when the pattern goes away. This way multiple trigger-out signals could be AND'ed together to produce a single master trigger that gets wired to all of the trigger-in. For example, there could be 2 DSLogic devices where one watches a 16bit address/data bus and the other device watches the other bus signals to know when a specific address is being asserted (and not when similar data is on the bus).
lathe26

Return to General Discussion