Is this product dead?

General Topics about DSLogic project
It seems that development of the DSLogic software is stalled. Is this product dead now?
peekay123

No!
We just have a little adjustment. And will release the new version recently.

Thanks for your attention!
Andy
Site Admin

peekay123 wrote:It seems that development of the DSLogic software is stalled. Is this product dead now?

Nice to hear!

Please, could you start using git as intended? Thereby pushing commits when a feature or bug-fix is ready, instead of dropping a huge new version in one commit? That would make it easier both to contribute and get bugfixes early.
Last edited by Anders on Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anders

When you say new version, do you mean 0.5 and what will be new/fixed?

:mrgreen:
peekay123

Again, no news and no roadmap. Is ANYTHING planned for this product? Is a new version coming up? I pledged/bought this device because I thought it could be as good as a Saleae unit but I feel that with NO visible work or roadmap, my DSLogic is about as good as it will get. YOU NEED TO COMMUNICATE MORE!
peekay123

peekay123 wrote:Again, no news and no roadmap. Is ANYTHING planned for this product? Is a new version coming up? I pledged/bought this device because I thought it could be as good as a Saleae unit but I feel that with NO visible work or roadmap, my DSLogic is about as good as it will get. YOU NEED TO COMMUNICATE MORE!

Me too... I'm starting to feel that I should have stayed away from (instead of backing it fully), and waited for the Salae Logic Pro instead...

Can we have an update and roadmap please?

Can you also start pushing things to git? And not just push a complete version update in one single step. Do it incrementally in logical commits...
Anders

If it's not dead it definitively looks like it is. I also have some regrets backing it. Like many other crowdfunding projects,it slowly dies after the campaign is over...
Toley

Hi All,

Indeed not progress recently.

I see we (backars) can do few things so this good hardware doesn't cover in dust on our shelfs

1. Help supporting the dslogic hardware in sigrok + helping pushing the good things in dreamsourcelab GUI in pulseview
This is the best what we can do assuming Dreamsourcelab doesn't have plans to develop their oun product.
However this is a task requireing some efforts.
2 The Dreamsourcelab GUI is actually not bad compared to Pulseview from sigrok I would be happy if I get few fixes /features
- add compression and fix the logic only the selected channels to be stored in memory
- add session save/load in the GUI
This second point is probably what we can join efforts?
I've tried to load the HDL firmware in my dslogic and the procedure works well so it is a matter of adding some verilog stuff (like RLE compression) which I can spend some time on assuming other interested to partisipate and help.
I've checked the Cypress FX2 firmware and it looks pretty simple. We may not need changing this at all actually.
Most work left in the GUI part. Somone willing to invest some time on that?

DreamSourceLab sorry for this message but we just don't want to see the hardware we put some emoutions to stop at the stage it is almost OK but at the same time not OK.
The best would be If you commit some time and move your product to the fully usefull stage.

Thanks
Dimitar
dpenev

If I only could find the time necessary...

Sure, option 2 is the one that takes least amount of time/effort. Though, personally, I'm mostly interested in option 1 (getting upstream sigrok support for DSLogic). Primarily as I see that as the only way forward to guarantee that we'll have working support for a long time. Unfortunately, this requires quite a bit of work, especially as dreamsourcelab only releases complete tarballs.

For me, option 2 is a temporary path, to get a good, working system as soon as possible, but it's not the end goal.
Anders

Hi Anders,

I agree but 1 requires more time I could spend now.
I have also some interest about 2 from educationala perspective.
I could take the HDL part even if we got one more enthusiast I could talk to ..
I estimate the work for a few days assuming no big problems.

Anyone willing to play with the GUI?

Dimitar
dpenev

Next

Return to General Discussion