Getting only red led

Help to track any bugs about DSLogic hardware/software/firmware/hdl design
Hi,

I have installed the most recent DsView for win, but when connected, I see the device listed but the red led is on and when trying to capture, I get message that "can't start session"...

Any idea?

Thanks!!!
maara

Hi maara,

Which OS do you use?
If it's win8 or above. you need to install the software without Driver Signature.

Thanks.
Andy
Site Admin

Hi Andy,

I am experiencing the same problem on Windows 7, 64 bit. When installing I received a warning and clicked 'install this driver anyway'. DSLogic appears in the device menu on DSView, when clicking start button I recieve the message 'connection failed, failed to start session'. This appears to happen regardless of settings and DSView then needs to be restarted before start again, i.e. the start button becomes unresponsive.

Can you please let me know what I might try next, or if a fix is known?

Thanks!
diehard3

diehard3 wrote:Hi Andy,

I am experiencing the same problem on Windows 7, 64 bit. When installing I received a warning and clicked 'install this driver anyway'. DSLogic appears in the device menu on DSView, when clicking start button I recieve the message 'connection failed, failed to start session'. This appears to happen regardless of settings and DSView then needs to be restarted before start again, i.e. the start button becomes unresponsive.

Can you please let me know what I might try next, or if a fix is known?

Thanks!

Hi diehard3,

After installing software, you should try to replug the DSLogic into your computer for the first time.
And then check the status LED.
Andy
Site Admin

Thanks Andy, have tried re-plugging the DSLogic and restarting DSView. LED remains red. What should I try next?
diehard3

Any suggestions?
diehard3

diehard3 wrote:Any suggestions?

Please post your install directory.
Is there any special characters?
Andy
Site Admin

Have tried un-installing and re-installing to a directory without special characters based on your last reply. Current install directory is C:\DSLogic\

Results are the same after re-installing. LED is red and DSView only gives "Capture failed - failed to start session".

What next?
diehard3

Which version of software you installed?
Could you post some picture, so we can get more information.

diehard3 wrote:Have tried un-installing and re-installing to a directory without special characters based on your last reply. Current install directory is C:\DSLogic\

Results are the same after re-installing. LED is red and DSView only gives "Capture failed - failed to start session".

What next?
Andy
Site Admin

I used the installer linked from the dreamsource lab site: http://dreamsourcelab.com/download/DSView(Beta)_v0.9.4.1_setup.exe

Will post a picture soon.
diehard3

Next

Return to Bugs Report