Configuration Issue

Help to track any bugs about DSLogic hardware/software/firmware/hdl design
This is a followup from the following entry on the Kickstarter comment section:

So far, it's a bit of a disappointment.

Installed the SW, plugged in the DSL (with scope attached).
DSL clicks, LED is red.
Started SW, selected scope (as per instructions on WIKI), LED goes off, DSL logo remained green in interface

That's it...

No response to controls, green LED stays off, readings not possible.
If I unplug the USB cable, the DSL logo in the UI goes white, indicating that the SW and the DSL were communicating to _some_ extent.

Will have to do some troubleshooting later, but for now, looks like I'll be sticking with my current scope.

Case looks nice, though...

The laptop in question is a Dell latitude E6510, running Windows 7 Ultimate. USB controller is Intel 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset.
Charles.Cooper

Hi Charles.Cooper,

You said "green LED stays off".
Does this happen when use DSLogic as a logic analyzer?
Have you test DSLogic with other USB ports, or other computers? We want to know the core unit is function well.

Thanks.
Andy
Site Admin

I installed the SW on a different laptop, a very old Dell X1 (Similar to the old Samsung Q30), also running Win7 Ultimate. USB is Intel8280FB. It seems to work there, so the base unit and scope add-on appear to be working.
Charles.Cooper

Any suggestions? I'm not keeping the Dell X1, that was just a test. I need the E6510 to work with the DSL product.

Thanks.
Charles.Cooper

Hi Charles.Cooper,

It's not a common problem, we never encountered this issue on previous test platforms.
But don't worry, we are doing some experiments to reproduce the issue, and will post any progress on this topic.
Thanks.
Andy
Site Admin

@Creator just got the same problem as Charles Cooper I tried the full Oscilloscope on a win 7 Toshiba i7 Ultrabook it turned both LED red than activated the software the LED on the main unit turned off ( no green light but Logo on software is green ) and Scope Module light stayed red ( did not turn off ) I tried taking out the scope module and working on Logic Analyzer internal test ( Main unit gave me once the green light and test passed .... unplug all replug again to test a second time this time the Red Light on main unit turns off and no green light and internal test is not working :(

I could not get the green light on again... please advise thanks
Osman EL-BABA

I configured a win 8.1 Sony Ultabook tablet and the same device LED turned Green on the internal test of the logic analyzer.... That should say that the Hardware is fine !? and the issue is with the software / Driver ?? I am stopping here pending further instructions from your end ( I do not want to test the oscilloscope Module as to keep my moral up for a while after the frustration I faced .... ) your detailed for dummies step by step instructions is greatly appreciated as not to make any mistake .... so far before any hardware change I am unplugging totally the unit .... is this necessary or it is possible to hot-swap modules without putting the unit offline ? Thanks for your kind Help and advice
Osman EL-BABA

Hi Osman,

Did you setup the hardware and software of oscilloscope function according to the step-by-step instruction on our wiki: http://dreamsourcelab.com/wiki/index.ph ... cilloscope ?
Hot-swap modules is not recommended.
Andy
Site Admin

I followed the instructions, I expect Osman did too.

That's 4 machines, 3 of which the SW does not work on... any idea what the problem can be?
Charles.Cooper

Hi Guys,

We just update the firmware for the configuration issue on certain platforms, and have test this firmware on different platforms, it seems more stable than previous version.
Please help to test this firmware on your platform, and give us your feedback. we hope this update can fix this platform related issue.
We have put this firmware on our website(http://www.dreamsourcelab.com/download/DSLogic.fw), you can download it and replace the res/DSLogic.fw file in your setup directory.

Thanks a lot.
Andy
Site Admin

Next

Return to Bugs Report