0.3 install problem

Topics about DSLogic software development
I have been using 0.2 with (mostly) no problems. I can't get 0.3 to install on W7-64. Apprears to get hung up during the driver install. I say ok to installing the non-signed driver but it just sits there. I've waited about 10 minutes and then killed the process. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I run the installer as administator. Any ideas? I'm going to try going back to 0.2 now. I still have the installer saved from the last time I downloaded it.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Attachments
dslogic install 03.png
screenshot
dslogic install 03.png (50.43 KiB) Viewed 1451 times
blundar

I can only say that v0.3 installs fine on my W7-64 Machine. Maybe it makes a difference if the DSLogic LA is attached or not while installing?
Rainer

Of course, the one day I really need this tool the software decides to break. Drivers appear to be installed correctly, software hangs on startup. Unplug the USB device, software starts. This is after reverting back to 0.2 from 0.3.

Any ideas?
Attachments
dslogic issue 2.png
Device manager, drivers appear ok
dslogic issue 2.png (108.65 KiB) Viewed 1448 times
blundar

The machine dual boots linux and W7. Trying software under linux now. Once I get done with immediate need, I will reboot, uninstall, unplug and reinstall and see if that fixes anything.
blundar

Hi blundar,

It seems a driver issue. The driver scheme of Win7-64 is a bit annoying.
Please confirm the previous driver uninstalled clearly before installing 0.3 version. You can plug DSLogic, and check in device manager. If it appears "DreamSourceLab DSLogic" device, uninstall the drvier, and then install the new one.

Please also post your newest progress, thanks.
Andy
Site Admin

The device works perfectly under linux. I'll try again in windows tomorrow perhaps.
blundar

Return to DSLogic Software