Realtime capture to file

Topics about DSLogic software development
Hello,

I'm seeking for device that can capture 2 digital signals to file for about 10 minutes so then I can analyze it with Mathlab.
One signal is standart PWM, other is optical sensor that gives 1 or 0 either it's light beam shines on it or not.
Is it possible with DSLogic?
spin7ion

spin7ion wrote:Hello,
I'm seeking for device that can capture 2 digital signals to file for about 10 minutes so then I can analyze it with Mathlab.

DSLogic always stores the signals in its internal memory. When the memory is full, data is transferred to the PC via USB. This is what the majority of USB logic analyzers do.
The question of "realtime" should be answered with "no".

The question of 10 minutes depends on the memory size and sample frequency. DSLogic in its current form does not use compression. Lowest sample frequency is 10.000 probes per second (10kHz)
So: All 16 channels generate 10.000 Signals per second, ergo 160kBit/s. DSLogic has 256MBits of memory, so you should be able to record around 27min (256*1024/160/60), right?

The stored file can be transferred to user readable format using 7-Zip!
electronic_n00b

Hi Gents,

Keep in mind that I have added RLE compresion in the HDL code.
I have used the version of the DSLogic GUI from another user which at the moment shows only 16Msamples (as in the case with no compression) but it should be trivial for one knowing the GUI to expand to the full RLE length.
See detailes in my previous email.

The curent implementation has RLE bufer 65535 and in case of cosntant (or slow) input data we need two RLE samples to encode 32767 linear samples. The supported sampling rate in case of RLE enabled is 100MHz only so at the moment we can make about 10 sec recordings of slow input data.
The RLE buffer can be extend easly up to the full amount of memory so we will have 256 times more or this means
around 40 minutes recordings with 100Mhz resolution for slow input data.

If somone willing to invest some time on the GUI to expand the time domain frame shown will be perfect as I don't have time to work on this right now.
Of course I will explain to that person what I have done and will support him fully from the HDL side.

Cheers
Dimitar
dpenev

Return to DSLogic Software